Hi, I'm Guru3, and this is my website. I'm a civil engineer with a hobby in computers and electronics. I also go by guruthree/theguruofthree. This site is mostly a collection of links to other things and some project descriptions.
- April 24, 2022: A Miniature Spectrum Analyser - This is what you get when you combine a Teensy with a Microdot mtrix.
- March 14 2021: Pico SuperKey Board - a USB HID keyboard written in C for the Raspberry Pi Pico (source code on GitHub).
- 2019 - on hiatus: ShefBots - a blog about my team's entry into Pi Wars 2020. Source code on GitHub. Video overview.
- June 1 2010: Neoware 3000 EON - hardware overview, out-of-date step-by-step directions for installing Gentoo.
- June 1 2010: Intel HDA & Surround Sound - (probably) out-of-date instructions for surround sound with Intel audio on Linux.
- May 8 2010: G4 PSU replacement - replacing the PSU on my Apple G4 (Gigabit Ethernet).
- Christmas 2021: pico-model-m - building a new keyboard controller for an 122-key "IBM Battleship" keyboard using a Raspberry Pi RP2040-based pga2040.
- September 2021: google-calendar-to-palm-pilot - Getting Google Calendar onto a PalmOS device in 2021. As part of this I needed to update pilot-datebook for recent GCC and pilot-link. As described by its original author, "'pilot-datebook' has been intended to be the 'Swiss Army Knife' for datebook related data manipulation, i.e., a tool to read/edit PalmOS Datebook databases."
- June 2021: lighthouse1 - Attampting to localise in space from one Valve Lighthouse using infrared LEDs and an ESP32.
- April 2021: PalmGET - a PalmOS4 application (prc) to retrieve a page from an HTTP server using a GET request. My investigation into learning PalmOS programming. My ultimate goal with this was to integrate with BearSSL to see about letting the Palm talk with the modern internet. Without SSL it was buggy, but trying to add SSL but it just kept crashing the Palm with fatal exceptions.
- July 2020: Teensy Audio Visualiser - a spectrum analyser for the Teensy, uses Teensy audio shield and Adafruit GFX library output.
- Late 2019: RobotRemote code to connect to an ESP8266 with a dual h-bridge motor driver over WiFi and control it from a PC with an XBox controller. This was made for ant-weight robotics. The hardware @Blayzeing and I designed for this lives on as part of the RoboPad project.
- October 2018: MATLAB Beat Saber level viewer - for the old levels only, abandoned.
- Early 2014: AirPi - software for monitoring weather sensors on RaspberryPi and reporting them with nice graphs in Python.
- Summer 2007: AnimeSeen - an idea I had to help me keep track of what I was watching. Was MAL around then?
- 2003 - on hiatus: Armagetron - I'm known as "Tank Program" here.